The Suoni Per Il Popolo is part of a broad international effort that has been undertaken by critics, academics, audiences, presenters and artists to redefine understanding of contemporary avant-garde music away from a strictly European based avant-garde classical approach to a more plural one that fully acknowledges that experimental creative activity takes place within a variety of cultural, ethnic and economic contexts. This vision promotes the view that although artists regularly appropriate influences from outside their own culture, these exchanges should take place between groups with fair access to training, funding, support and recognition.
The British Council, in collaboration with Groupe Le Vivier, is pleased to welcome the musician Dominic Lash who will perform during Suoni Per Il Popolo and participate in the following festival events:
- Friday, June 3, 2016 7:30 PM with Quatuor Bozzini and friends in a performance of James Tenney's In a Large Open Space
- Saturday, June 4, 2016 1:00 PM Free public Improvisation workshop with Montreal students from the Laboratoire de Musique Contemporaine de Montréal
- Sunday, June 5, 2016 2:00 PM with Quatuor Bozzoni and friends in a performance of James Tenney's Postal Pieces
- Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:00 PM at La Vitrola Improvised music trio with Thomas Lehn (Germany) and Martin Tétreault (Québec)
- Monday, June 6, 2016 8:00 PM with Quatuor Bozzini in a performance of James Tenney's KOAN