A social enterprise work-study programme in the UK and Canada
Students for Social Impact is for talented Canadian and British students who have a social venture idea to address a local problem or global challenge.
Participating students will have an opportunity to contribute to life-changing social enterprises in Canada and the UK, develop their social venture business plan, gain valuable overseas experience, and connect with other young leaders of the future.
Students for Social Impact aims to:
1. Provide opportunities for high-potential university students to learn about and experiment with social innovation through business planning and experiential learning in a workplace environment.
2. Support and encourage international student mobility and entrepreneurship amongst future leaders in social enterprise, providing opportunities for students from Canada and the UK to learn from international experiences and bring that learning back to their university environment.
3. Develop a network of emerging and established leaders in social enterprise in Canada and the UK.
Throughout the placements, each student will work with a mentor to:
1. Build a social venture business plan to address a local problem or global challenge and pitch their social venture for investment at the Students for Social Impact Summit;
2. Create communications and outreach activities to help raise the profile of their social venture and the sector;
3. Accomplish work tasks assigned by their social enterprise host.
Students for Social Impact is made possible through funding provided by the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, the Trico Charitable Foundation, and the British Council.